YES, WE ARE OPEN
As of April 1, most public facing businesses will be closed. But from the March 30 ‘Orders under section 67 of The Public Health Act’ on www.manitoba.ca/covid19/soe.html we are covered by Schedule Paragraph 4: A business that provides essential goods and services for the health and well-being of animals, including animal feed, pet food, and animal supplies such as bedding.
The One Spoiled Kitty online shopping secret – how to find the local shipping and store pickup options. Check the video – opens in a new window or tab:
Shop in our online store. We deliver for as low as $6, even free. You can also order online and do a pickup at the store – no extra charge. If you are spending more time with your kitties as your corona virus social distancing plan, we have you covered. Your cats will enjoy having you with them. Turn off the news. Grab some tasty food and treats, a toy or two, a bit of catnip or honeysuckle, and enjoy your time together. We ship to BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Details are farther down the page.
COVID-19 and Cats
Cats are not known to get or carry the virus. If you have heard otherwise, you have been misinformed. To quote the Canadian Government official information page :
- There is currently no evidence to suggest that this virus is circulating in animals in Canada.
- It is possible that some types of animals can be infected with COVID-19 but there is no evidence that pets or other animals can spread the virus. (my emphasis)
That being said, if you are infected and sneeze on your cat and then your cat rubs up against someone…
Got symptoms? Get tested. Don’t cuddle or sneeze on your cat. The cat will be fine in any case (but perhaps annoyed at you sneezing on it).
Whats in the store that is not online?
More than half of the products in our physical store are not listed in our online store. Heavy and bulky items would require we raise our flat rate shipping charges. Some item stock levels are unpredictable. So what are some of the in-store only items?
- Cat backpacks by Your Cat Backpack
- Cat litter (various kinds)
- Beds and mats
- Cat litter trays and houses of various kinds
- Most of the local crafter made items from Patio Pets, Upcycled Decor & More, Strings & Bling (Dara Finlay), and others
- Hemp4Paws products
We may assemble a catalog of everything and post it. If this happens, it will be for local deliveries only, at a very low to no cost, and we may accept phone in orders.
Craig Street Cats
Craig Street Cats requires your help. They do awesome work with feral cats. But how to help?
- Consider trading in a few days of buying Starbucks or Tims coffees for a donation.
- Did we say coffee? You can also buy some Craig Street Cats “THE CATS SASS” coffee (beans and ground) from us. We resell it at cost so all the money goes to Craig Street Cats.
- Foster a cat or kitten.
- Drop off some food, litter, or other supplies (see their site for the kind they most need). You can drop off with us, or with them. As we remain open, its easy either way.
- If you come in, drop some money in the Craig Street Cats donation can.
- You may find yourself with a lot of time off now. Craig Street Cats may have a few things you can do with that time.
Curious and Ninja thank you.
We ship to:
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta: $12.00 (free on purchases over $150).
Ontario and British Columbia: $20.00 (free on purchases over $150).
Visit the Store
Find us at 1325 Portage Avenue. We are 3 doors west of Portage and Valour Road on the north side. See map at end of this page, or the Parking page.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 11 am to 7 pm
- Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 8 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday: 12 noon to 5 pm